How do I access my Windows Dedicated Server?
You get access to your Windows Dedicated Server via a secure RDP connection.
RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) is a proprietary protocol from Microsoft
to control Windows computers remotely. The RDP service is normally
provided on port TCP 3389 and has a 128bit encryption. It is recommended
to change the default port 3389.
Changing the port TCP 3389
- You must have administrator rights to change the port.
- Start the program regedit
- Got to
- Select the port 3389 and overwrite it with a free port of your choose (Wiki: Free Ports).
- In the next step you have to configure the Windows Firewall.
- Open the Windows Firewall with Advanced Security.
- Create new Inbound and a new Outbound Rules.
- Set the new defined Port as fix Port for TCP and UDP for the RDP-connection.