Can I download larger files with WebDAV under Windows?
The WebDAV protocol sets size restrictions for uploading and downloading individual files from Windows. While the limits for uploading are generously set at 2 GB per individual file, Windows limits the size of individual files for downloading to 47 MB.
If you try to download larger single files, you will receive an error message (Error 0x800700DF). This restriction can be removed in the Windows Registry and the maximum value of 4 GB allowed for WebDAV can be set.
Increase 50 MB WebDAV file limit
- Press Windows + R, type regedit in the open box, and then click Ok.
- Locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WebClient\Parameters\ from the drop-down structure in the left pane.
- Double click FileSizeLimitInBytes in the right pane.
- Click the Decimal bubble under the Base section.
- In the Value data box, type 4294967295, and then click Ok.
- Reboot your computer.