Set up WebDAV as a drive
Connect MyDrive directly to your computer.
- Open the Start menu
- Right-click Computer and select Map network drive...
- Choose the drive letter you want to use
- Enter https://webdav.mydrive.ch as folder path
- Enter your MyDrive username and password in the login popup (may appear several times)
- WebDAV allows only one connection per computer.
- Guest users need full access to folders to upload files.
Note: You can also use the following commands to set up WebDAV.
Open start menu > enter cmd > press ENTER key (black window opens)
Command to connect MyDrive permament
net use Z: https://webdav.mydrive.ch/ /user:USERNAME PASSWORD /persistent:yes
Command to delete the MyDrive again
net use Z: /delete
Command to display all drives
Increas the Windows 50MB file limit
The WebDAV protocol sets size restrictions for uploading and downloading individual files from Windows. While the limits for uploading are generously set at 2 GB per individual file, Windows limits the size of individual files for downloading to 47 MB.
If you try to download larger single files, you will receive an error message (Error 0x800700DF). This restriction can be removed in the Windows Registry and the maximum value of 4 GB allowed for WebDAV can be set.
- Press Windows + R, type regedit in the open box, and then click Ok.
- Locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WebClient\Parameters\ from the drop-down structure in the left pane.
- Double click FileSizeLimitInBytes in the right pane.
- Click the Decimal bubble under the Base section.
- In the Value data box, type 4294967295, and then click Ok.
- Reboot your computer.
With the web browser, the upload is supported up to 10 GB per file.