There are several ways to access the Premium FTP account and data. We briefly present the individual access options here.
Access via web browser
You can access the Premium FTP account with any web browser. You can reach the web interface at www.ftppro.ch. After logging in you will directly see the start folder and if available the corresponding data.
To upload data click on "Upload". Select the desired files in the window that now opens. With Open, they will now be uploaded to the Premium FTP. The upload is also easy with Drag & Drop. With Drag & Drop you can also upload entire folders.
Please note that only files up to a maximum size of 2 GB can be uploaded with the web browser.
The web interface is mobile compatible and can therefore be easily operated via smartphone.
Access via Windows Explorer
Access is also possible directly with Microsoft's file manager, Windows Explorer.
- Open Windows Explorer and enter the following in the address bar: ftp://ftppro.ch and confirm this with Enter.
- In the login mask that now opens, enter your user name and password. Finish with "Log in".
You are now on your Premium FTP online storage, here you can upload, rename, move or delete files as usual.
Mount as drive under Windows
You can make accessing your Premium FTP online storage under Windows 7 or higher even more convenient by connecting the FTP server as a drive. To do this,
proceed as follows:
- Open the Windows Explorer
- Right-click with the mouse „This PC“
- Select „Add a new network location“
- Click "Next" twice and then enter your server's premium FTP address, username and password: ftp://username:email@example.com
- Insert name for your FTP folder
You will now find a folder with the selected name under "This PC". This folder points directly to your Premium FTP online storage.
Access via MAC OS Finder
Access is also possible directly with Apple's file manager, the MAC OS Finder.
- Open the Finder and then click on the tab "Go to? Connect to server". You can also do this using the key combination "cmd+K".
- Now enter the Premium FTP address of your server with the user name ftp://firstname.lastname@example.org and then click on "Connect".
- Now select "Connect as registered user" and enter your password. Finish with "Connect".
You now have access to the data via the Finder.
By pressing "ALT+CMD" at the same time you can drag and drop the icon to the desktop. Whenever you need the share, just double-click the new icon on the desktop and you are connected to the FTP server.
Important! With the Finder you can only download the files, uploading new files to the server is unfortunately not possible this way. Creating folders on the FTP server is also not supported by the MAC OS.
Access with FTP client FileZilla
FileZilla is a flexible FTP client and is provided free of charge for Windows, MAC OS and Linux. You can download FileZilla client here for free.
How to connect to Premium FTP with FileZilla is briefly explained below.
- Start FileZilla with the shortcut in your Start menu
- Open the menu entry File -> Site manager
- Click on New Site
- Enter an arbitrary name for the connection
- Choose at protocol between FTP - File Transfer Protokoll or SFTP - SSH File Transfer Protocol
- Enter the ftppro.ch at Host
- Leave the Port field blank. This automatically selects the default port.
- Choose Normal as Logontype, and enter your credentials in the User and Password fields
- If you want to use SSL encryption, choose FTPES - FTP over explicit TLS/SSL as Servertype
- Finish with Connect
In the right window you will now see the data on the Premium FTP. In the left window you will see the data from the local directory.